shn student house novoli ~ c+s associati
Extraordinary things are always hiding in places people never think to look.
- ― Jodi Picoult, My Sister’s Keeper (via justbesplendid)
Money is talking a bit louder in college admissions these days, according to a survey to be released Wednesday by Inside Higher Ed, an online publication for higher education professionals.
More than half of the admissions officers at public research universities, and more than a third at four-year colleges said that they had been working harder in the past year to recruit students who need no financial aid and can pay full price, according to the survey of 462 admissions directors and enrollment managers conducted in August and early September.
Similarly, 22 percent of the admissions officials at four-year institutions said the financial downturn had led them to pay more attention in their decision to applicants’ ability to pay.
» via The New York Times (Subscription may be required for some content)
Warm Chocolate Cake with a Creamy Filling by A Table
Preparation time: 5 minutes - Cooking time: a certain time
- 100g of dark chocolate (over 70%)
- 100g of butter
- 100g of caster sugar
- 50g of flour
- 3 eggs of 60 g each
- An untreated orange
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Cut the butter and chocolate into small pieces, melt in a bain-marie.
- Remove from heat, add sugar and stir with a wooden spoon or with a normal one, but not with a whisk, you do not want to incorporate air. Take your time, there is no hurry …
- Add flour, stir and add the eggs 1 by 1. So why not the three eggs at the same time? Because that way I’m sure you will stir the mixture enough.
- Grate an orange (untreated and washed) into the chocolate mixture.
- Place in moulds. No need to butter them. At work, I use silicone molds, but at home I use my tiny clay moulds.
- Bake in the oven 5 to 7 minutes.
- As written above, you will have to do a test before. First, you may like them more or less creamy inside, and second, that would give you an excuse to taste one before anybody else.